Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Favorite Places: Roadside Farm Stands

I have many favorite places. One of them I discovered yesterday. Roadside farm stands are amazing! I got a basket of apples and peaches and two ears of corn for 5 dollars. $5!! And they are amazing. So fresh. So delicious. So juicy. And the best part is they were so cheap! How have I never stopped at one before??

One of my favorite parts about being an adult is that I can eat whatever I want for dinner. So tonight I decided to eat freshly harvested corn on the cob and peaches. Best. Dinner. Ever.

I don't have a grill, but I discovered the magical secret to cooking magnificent corn in the microwave. It was the best piece of corn I have ever had. And I would love to share my secret with you.



Magical Microwave Corn on the Cob
-While in the husk, soak it in warm water for 5-7 minutes depending on the size of the ear
-Cook it in the husk in the microwave for 2-4 minutes depending on the size and the microwave (an average size ear in my microwave cooks to perfection in 2 minutes 15 seconds)
-Then husk the corn and cut off the leaves to hold the end (unless you have corn holders)
-Finally I spread butter around the cob and sprinkle lemon pepper on it as well. You can season it to taste as you please
-Then Enjoy!

And if you prefer to eat corn in different forms, maybe this informational video on how to cook popcorn will help you too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment