Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Top 10 List of Lessons Learned in Portland

Today is my last day in Portland. I can't believe that my time here is done already! As I have been thinking back on my time here, I realized how much I have changed and how much I have learned. So, in honor of my time in Portland, I wanted to share with you the top 10 lessons I have learned while living in Portland.

10. Vitamin D is a rare and valuable commodity.

9.  It's a sweet juxtaposition to be 30 minutes away from the mountain and an hour and a half from the ocean.

8.  No matter the weather, flip flops are always socially acceptable, and can even bring out the sun sometimes.

7.  Foursquare is much more than a playground game or an evangelical church. And it's actually fun.

6.  Catapulting little, screaming birds into poorly constructed buildings to kill green pigs is highly addictive.

5.  As much as I love skirts and high heels, jeans and Chacos are much more comfortable.

4.  Umbrellas really are for wimps. Rain jackets are just so much easier.

3.  Just because some dude is selling food out of his van in a parking lot, doesn't mean it's sketchy.

2.  It is possible to live and work with a best friend and come out stronger in the end.

And the number one lesson I have learned while living in Portland:
1.  Everything looks better with a bird on it.


Hope you can gleam wisdom from my experiences
and laughed a bit in the process.

Much love from PDX,
Amie Lou

3 comments:

  1. Portland is a better place because you have been there for the last 10 months. LYBTI

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4!!!! You've finally seen the light and realized that umbrellas do not walk in it. :) It's been so fun sharing my favorite state with you this last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Jackie I had the same exact thought! I was going to comment on her realization on umbrellas :) Glad you were able to experience the PNW :)

    ReplyDelete