Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Weekend of Wedding Shopping

Last weekend both of my wonderful moms as well as Josh's mom and sister came to visit for a weekend full of wedding planning and dress shopping.  I am so honored to be blessed with so many wonderful and supportive women to walk this wedding journey with me (did you catch that amazing alliteration? My English-major skills are still intact!). 

Beforehand, I was nervous about getting stressed out by an overload of people and information, but the weekend went so well! We had lots of girly bonding time, toured reception places, and I even bought my dress! Okay, well, I didn't buy it, but I have one! (Thanks Pamela!) If you want to know what it looks like, too bad. You have to wait until May when I post wedding pictures. Can't leak the secret to Josh! 

However, I will share the response I got back from my dad from seeing a picture of my dress. It's one of my favorite top ten lists he's done. Best of all, he made his little girl cry... 

Amie-
Pamela e-mailed me some photos of your wedding gown options. They all were gorgeous. However, my mind did go through some gyrations while viewing the gowns along with the image of you getting married in one. So I will share with you my brain’s activity as I give you the top ten thoughts going through your Dad’s head regarding this wedding gown:

10. Is there enough gold left in Ft. Knox to pay for this gown!

9. With a train like this, should I bring my locomotive whistle to the wedding?

8. How do they harvest heavenly clouds to make such a gown?

7. After the wedding, it will still have value as camouflage when hunting in the snow!

6. This gown is a bit over-the-top, though, if Amie opts for the Vegas Elvis wedding chapel!

5. This looks like a serious tripping hazard for Dad walking down the aisle!

4. How close is Amie’s collection getting to the magic # 27?

3. Will little blue birds help to assemble this gown?

2. This gown will definitely elicit a “WOW” from Josh at the front of the church!

And the number one thought going through your Dad’s head regarding this wedding gown is 

1. Imagining what an absolutely stunningly beautiful bride my little Girly-Whirl will be on her
wedding day!
What a wonderful daddy :)


1 comment: