Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"If I had a quote board of life..."

People say funny things. It's just one of those facts of human nature. People are especially funny (or think they are) when they are tired. And you find them even more hilarious when you yourself are exhausted as well. And the funniest comments are always the toss-away phrases or questions that were never intended to be funny.  If you have been around me for any extended periods of time, you know that I am highly amused by funny comments. I usually laugh hysterically, sometimes cry, and always say, "If I had a quote board of life, you'd be on it right now."

A few months a go at work, one of my teammates said something totally ridiculous and amusing at lunch (which erupted the whole office in uproarious laughter), and I immediately followed up with the afore-mentioned comment. I paused and began to have an internal monologue (or dialogue. Still have yet to decided which is more accurate):
A quote board of life... I always say that. Why do I say that?
I have always wanted to make a quote board and write people's stupid sayings on it.
Maybe I should make one...
But my teammates would definitely think I'm crazy, or a loser. 
It would be funny.
But I would probably be the only one who would laugh at it.
But it would be funny.
I have always wanted one...
I should just do it. Risk it all for my dream... my dream of having a quote board of life!!!
I went into the storage closet and pulled a giant piece of paper from the easel, stuck it on the back of our office door, wrote in big, bold letters, "Quote Board of Life," and began to write the first quote.

I am amazed at how much the whole office has adopted it as their own. I am not the only one who records these funny sayings now. It has also become a tourist destination to all who visit our office; "Welcome to the GNW! Have you seen the quote board??" Today it reached it's quote capacity. So, in honor of our quote board of (office) life, I want to share a few of my favorites...

"I'm working in my mind." -NF
"I wanted an ASUS [computer] because it sounds like Jesus." -KQ
"I could be an African woman..." -TK
"Well, enjoy the cake you spit on..." -AC
"You can make it twilight and they will worship you." -TB
"She tricks me every time..." -CB

I risked my reputation in the office to follow my dream of having a quote board of life, and I am so proud to see how far it's come. *Tear* ;)

If you had a quote board of life, what would you put on it?
Today, my comment feed is your quote board of life...

2 comments:

  1. Here's one from Wes:
    "mom, when I'm older, do you want me to take care of Locke for you? Because you'll be dead, right?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several:

    "My, you're looking radiant this evening..."
    "He's a very dull pencil."
    "mmmm....Twigs"
    :)

    ReplyDelete