Friday, April 8, 2011

That VooDoo that TheyDoo so well...

Along with Professor Banjo, another staple of Portland culture is VooDoo Doughnuts. I completely agree that the best things "come in pink boxes." If you ever watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, this shop was featured on the Food Network for it's quirky charm and their devilishly delicious twist on the traditional raised-cake-round.

Last night we had a roomie dinner of Chinese take-out, and then Peter (Julia's boyfriend) came over with a big pink box... of VooDoo!! They are famous and known nation-wide for their VooDoo Doll Doughnut and their Maple Bacon Bars. Personally, I enjoy the Fruit Loop best. But they are delicious. And I had one for breakfast. I had the Maple Blazer Blunt and cheered the Blazers on as I ate.

If you have never had a VooDoo doughnut, skip-out on your diet for a day and go. They truly are amazing! And if you've never been to Portland, just come, even for no other reason than the VooDoo that TheyDoo, soooo well...





3 comments:

  1. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm . . . Donuts! Is there anything they can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a Mr. Bill donut? And you know I love the pink box. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! I've seen that place on TV. Those look amazing.

    ReplyDelete