Wednesday, April 27, 2011

If you give a three-year old a camera...

... she'll want to take more pictures. Have you ever read If You Give A Mouse a Cookie? Or it's more sophisticated and realistic alternative (that I grew up reading) If You Give A Moose A Muffin? I feel like my evening with Eva went about like that.

She was so hyper and so adorable that I asked to take a picture of her. And then it snowballed from there. I asked her to smile for a picture. Then she asked to dance for a picture. And then she wanted to take a picture of me. And then another. And then another. And then I knew there was no hope to put my camera down. Until the battery died. And then the adventure in singing began...

I am convinced that Eva is the most adorable little girl in the world. To those of you who have children of your own, I am sure your kids are cute too. But Eva is probably cuter. No offense. She says and does the stinkin' cutest things ever. So, as you admire her amazing photography skills (and my less-than-glamorous modeling "skills"), let me share a few of the things she said tonight.

While reading an article in ZooBooks about a weasel that changes colors with the seasons:
Amie: Eva, do you change colors too?
Eva: YEAH! I am pink!
Amie: Okay, what about in winter?
Eva (with a wide grin): Uhhh... Not pink!

Eva singing the alphabet song:
"O, o, o, o, o, o, o, o, o, o, o, o, o..." (One down, 25 to go...)

While trying to convince Eva to calm down and sleep to no avail, my phone rings in the other room:
Eva: What's that???
Amie: That's just my phone.
Eva: Who's calling??
Amie (trying to be funny): That's God calling, saying you need to pray and go to sleep.
Eva (terror immediately washed over her face and scooted under her covers): I'm ready to sleep now.

Amazing. And soooo adorable. I can't help but laugh when I am with Eva ;-)










1 comment:

  1. Amie,

    I'm sorry I haven't gotten to you yet! You met me at synergy. I just started to follow your blog...loved this adorable post and your wit and fun!

    here's my blog: www.findtheflametofan.blogspot.com "Fan the Flame" if you click on my name:)

    I look forward to knowing you more through your blog! trust you are knowing more of Him in these days...

    ReplyDelete