Saturday, November 19, 2011

When You're Exhausted You Lose More Than Your Mind

I lost my keys yesterday. I was frantically tearing my room apart for almost 15 minutes and was late to work. I was only able to get to work because Josh was so sweet and brought me my keys at 6 o'clock in the morning (which was 10 minutes after I had to leave for work). I came home from work late last night and still could not find them anywhere. And I mean anywhere. I was absolutely stupefied.

I have been exhausted the last few days. It didn't help that previous to the 9.5 hours of sleep I got last night, I had only slept 2 of those previous 40. Odd work hours and the new Twilight movie is mainly to blame. The movie was good, by the way, if you were wondering (which most of you probably could care less about). I'm not usually one to be all about midnight showings, but a good friend rallied me into going, so I dragged my roommate, Jackie, along too. The only thing was that I had to be up at 5 to get to work the next morning. If only I had known the chaos that would ensue, I probably would have opted to see the movie on my day off instead.

So, I came home from the movie, set my keys down somewhere I couldn't remember and went to bed. I usually throw them in the same place on the floor or on my bed. They weren't in either of those locations. Or anywhere else. Even yesterday night I couldn't find them. But when I woke up this morning I stumbled upon them, completely unintentionally. When I awoke, I sat up in bed and heard a strange clinking noise, that oddly resembled my keychains hitting one another. The best part? My bed was made. So I tore off my sheets, and there were my keys. How did my keys end up underneath my sheets? Great question. I am asking myself the same thing. It's like a weird, twisted version of the princess and the pea. I'm not even one who is prone to losing keys, or anything for that matter. But I guess when I am exhausted I lose more than my mind. I should go to bed right now to get sleep. But fist I am going to make sure I know exactly where my keys are!

No comments:

Post a Comment