Monday, May 16, 2011

A Friend I'd Do Anything For

Me and Jackie at a Utah football game 

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can 
grow separately without growing apart."
-Elisabeth Foley

Friendships are funny things. I have seen many people come and go from my life and somehow through all of the distance and life-changes, we can come together and talk as if no time has elapsed. Jackie is one such friend. Arguably, she knows me better than just about anybody, and even though we don't have the opportunity to talk very often (especially since we live 1,000 miles apart now), I know that regardless of life circumstances, I would be able to call on her for support and prayer and friendship.

We have danced for joy together, we have cried with sorrow together. We have spontaneously decorated pink tee-shirts out of anger. We have made up songs about oatmeal out of delirious exhaustion. We have shared life, cars, shoes, and our hearts. We have supported each other in crises of faith and sung praises as our prayers have been answered. We can communicate paragraphs with just a glance and can laugh for hours without stopping. Jackie is my Junior Bible Quiz walking concordance and my fiery red-head who gets angry for me when I can't get angry for myself.  

Jackie has been such an invaluable support and friend in my life. I would do anything for Jackie, and waking up at 5:30am today to see her just for 20 minutes was worth every early second of our brief conversation. Even though we are growing separately and living our own lives, I know that we won't grow apart. 

I love you Jackie. Thanks for always being such a great friend and letting me see you this morning, despite the circumstances. Je t'aime beaucoup mon cher ami!



No comments:

Post a Comment