Thursday, January 5, 2012

Filling Our Life with Furniture

Josh and I just made our first purchase together... We bought a couch! Not any ordinary couch, but a cheap (yet nice quality) loveseat from a local classified ad. I even measured my car and made sure it would fit. However, I didn't measure how far my back swing door would open. We huffed and puffed and stuffed, but it made it home a little differently. This sums up our experience:

Loveseat bought through a classified ad: $25

Measuring tape to make sure it would fit in the back of my car: $2

Rope to secure the door closed (just in case): $8.37

Gas to drive the 27.2 miles roundtrip: $2.89

Amusement from the looks we got as we drove 13.6 miles home with a couch almost as big as my car strapped creatively on my roof-rack: PRICELESS.



But we have our very own couch! And it helps that I really like it too. And I am so glad we decided to buy that rope just in case and that Josh knows how to creatively jimmy-rig! I can't wait til Josh can move into his apartment (that will be our apartment in 122 days) and we can fill it with more stuff! But for the time being it is in my little living room where it looks massive! But I love our new loveseat and I love that Josh and I are at the stage where we can be buying things not just for my life or his life, but for our life together. 



1 comment:

  1. Just $25 for that neat love seat??? Your mom must be soooo proud of your keen shopping savvy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete