Thursday, January 26, 2012

101 Ways for 101 Days

One of my favorite poems is "Sonnet 43" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. It's short, but the first lines of the poem are famous: "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..." (to read the sonnet in its beautiful entirety, click here).

Today marks 101 days until the wedding. I love doing top 10 lists, but I couldn't narrow it down to that few! So, to countdown 101 days, here are one hundred and one ways I love Joshua Scott Glazier...

101. His desire for adventure
100. The ways he has made me more adventurous
99. The way he loves me even though I am not as adventurous as him
98. The way he smiles at my attempts to be adventurous
97. The way we can have fun together doing anything
96. The funny faces he makes when taking pictures
95. His sense of humor
94. The fun he brings to everything he does
93. His love of airplanes
92. The noise he makes when he sees an airplane
91. His giddy excitement when talking about airplanes
90. His laugh
89. His smile
88. The joy in his eyes when he smiles
87. The joy in my eyes seeing him smile
86. The fact we don't always have to smile with each other
85. The way he loves me when I'm not smiling
84. The way he can be honest with me when things are hard
83. The way he respects my vulnerability when things are hard for me
82. The way he makes it easy to respect him as a man
81. The way I respect him anyway
80. The way our love grows when he loves me sweetly and I respect him openly
79. The way he loves me for my strengths
78. The way he loves me for my not-as-serious strengths
77. The way I love him with my English-major abilities
76. The way he sweetly asks me to edit his papers
75. The way I love to serve him in that way
74. The way he loves my nerdy-ness
73. The countless books on his bookshelf
72. His countless collection of movies
71. His obsession to alphabetize and categorize his books and movies
70. His love of Glee
69. The way he's not ashamed to let everyone know that he loves Glee
68. The way he sings along to the radio (and Glee) when he thinks no one is listening
67. The way he gets embarrassed when he finds out I was listening
66. The silly look on his face when I tell him there's no reason to be embarrassed
65. The fact that he's still embarrassed anyway 
64. The way he does things just to bug me
63. The joy he gets from bugging me
62. His laugh when he knows he's bugging me
61. The fact that he thinks bugging me is funny
60. The twisted way he loves to get "in trouble"
59. The fact that when he's "in trouble" he knows he's bugging me
58. The way he butters up to me after he gets "in trouble"
57. The way I melt like butter to that face of his
57. The way he loves to put butter on everything
56. The way he still eats my cooking, even when it's healthy
55. The way he likes my cooking, even when it's healthy
54. The way he cooks for me
53. The way he cleans for me
52. The way he serves me because of how much I serve him
51. The way we can serve each other
50. That he allows me to cook and clean for him
49. That he loves my cooking so much
48. His honesty
47. His integrity
46. His strength
45. His courage
44. His honor
43. His love of the Lord
42. The power of his prayers
41. The power of our prayers together
40. The power of his love
39. The depth of his love
38. His love of many things
37. His love of gadgets and electronics
36. His love of guns
35. His desire to have guns
34. His desire to protect me
33. His desire to make sure I'm safe
32. His desire to make sure I'm provided for
31. His desire to have a family
30. His desire to provide for that family
29. His desire to grow old with me
28. The way he calls me old already
27. The way I call him old in return
26. The way we bicker like an old married couple
25. The way we love each other despite our bickering
24. The way we can see each other's faults
23. The way we can love whole-heartedly despite those faults
22. The way love covers a multitude of sins
21. The way he looks at me
20. The way I get butterflies when he looks at me
19. His persistent attitude when I refused to date him
18. His honest charm that made it so hard for me to refuse him
17. His desire to do whatever it took to impress me
16. His desire to do whatever it took to make "us" work
15. The great story of how we started dating
14. The sweet circumstances of our first kiss
13. The effort he put into making our relationship work
12. How our relationship grew over three years and great distances
11. How we continue to grow closer to one another
10. The wonderful way he prosed
9. His impeccable taste in jewelry
8. His commitment to love me no matter what
7. His love of life
6. His love of my family
5. His dedication to his family
4. His dedication to serve this country
3. His dedication to serve me
2. His dedication to serve the Lord
1. I love the way he is who he is... Joshua Scott Glazier. I love you.



2 comments: