Wednesday, January 18, 2012

NCIS Makes My Life Better

NCIS makes my life better. Really. That may sound funny, but I promise it makes sense. When things are hard, when I am frustrated, when I am upset, I love watching NCIS because it puts my life in perspective. Watching episodes where people die horrible deaths, have shoots-outs with terrorists, get stalked by psycho-criminals, solve peculiar murders, and drink way to many caf-pow's, the problems and situations in my life look so much better in comparison. 

Since becoming engaged, I have been dealing with the jewelry repair center in frustration as I have been fighting to get my ring fixed, and properly. I went to go pick it up today, but it still wasn't done. It was 3 weeks late, was sloppily made, and took 3 times (and hopefully just three) to get it fixed. So I was really bummed when I saw with my own eyes, that it still wasn't done. I know it's small, but my hopes of finally having my ring back after a month were dashed. 

So on my way home all I wanted to do was watch NCIS, because I knew I needed some perspective. My roommates once quoted me saying (during my awful job-searching days), "My life really isn't too bad. My husband wasn't murdered and I wasn't shot today!" 

So many things can give us perspective, and even though NCIS may not be the most beneficial and encouraging, it definitely makes me grateful that those shows don't mirror my everyday life! Prayer, in addition to NCIS, helped me realize that dealing with an imperfect engagement ring isn't the end of the world. It's isn't even the end of the marriage that hasn't even started yet. At the end of the day, it's just a ring, and so many things are more important. And realizing that makes my life better. NCIS just helps in the process... :)
The pits in my ring :(

No comments:

Post a Comment