Friday, September 16, 2011

It's Time to go to Work!

On a whim, I applied for a job that sounded interesting over labor day weekend. That Tuesday morning I got a call asking to me to come in that week for an interview. I had the interview last Friday. They asked me on the spot to come in for a second interview. Tuesday (a week after the first call) they called and asked for a copy of my driving record and three references and said they would call soon to set up the second interview. Even though it was moving pretty quickly, I didn't think much of it and figured it would still be another week or so before I really hear any news back.

Well, they called me yesterday confirming they received my driving record and has spoken with two of my references. Then they offered me the job. SAY WHAT??!?!? Yeah, they offered me the job. No second interview. No more hoops to jump through. And they asked me to start today. SAY WHAT??!?!? So, in less than a week and a half I applied for a job, had an interview, got hired, and started work. Wow. Just wow.

This morning when I woke up and read the Bible verse for the day, I was surprised at what I found. "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). Say What?!?! It's almost as if God whispered to me in that moment that getting this job is a reward for honestly seeking Him (as I wrote about in my last post). Even though I didn't feel as if I found Him, He apparently found me. How amazing!

Since I am jumping in head first and working all weekend, I asked Josh out to breakfast this morning to celebrate and to spend some time together before my life gets too busy. I mentioned that I needed a watch (because mine broke ages ago and it's not likely I'll be able to have my phone on me). So, he took me to Kohls (which has the best sales in the world by the way) and bought me a beautiful sparkly one (on sale, of course) to celebrate my first day of work. He really is the best guy anyone could ever ask for.

So, as I look down at my wrist and wonder what time it is, I realize, it's time to go to work! :D

*And if you're wondering what my job is, don't worry. I'm sure my next post will tell all about it, so check back in a few days for that update. 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Amie! They're lucky to have you, I know you'll do well and make a positive difference there. Sending you great big Mommy hugs from Texas. LYBTI.
    Pretty watch, too!

    ReplyDelete