Monday, October 3, 2011

The Perfect Date

Like Miss Rhode Island from Miss Congeniality, my perfect date is any day that is 68 degrees, because it's not too hot, not too cold, and all you need is a light jacket. Whether this happens April 25 or any other day of the year, I get annoyed when it gets skipped over.

I just checked the weather and was grumbling about the alert at the top of the page. The title read: "SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN THE WEATHER LATER THIS WEEK..." Never a good sign. The next line: AFTER A PROLONGED PERIOD OF ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES...A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN WEATHER PATTERN IS FORECAST." For those of you who do not speak Meteorologese, let me translate. "It's been hotter than normal. Now it's going to be colder than normal. Oh yeah, and it's going to snow. Enjoy."

But for those of us who like our 68 degree days, we will not enjoy. Oh no. My perfect date will get completely bypassed by 5 degrees. I feel jipped. And what's even worse is that it will span from almost 80 degress today to the 40's by Thursday! SAY WHAT??!? Gross. And the ski bums are happy because they can start skiing this weekend. Even grosser. I was just starting to get mentally prepared to get out my light sweaters and fashion boots, but my down jacket and snow boots? I object. I object very much. I was spoiled last winter living in Portland. I don't want to deal with the snow again. But just you watch; once the first snowflake falls in the valley, I'm sure I'll sing a different tune. I just wasn't ready for that extreme change yet.

So, to take my mind off this and think about pleasanter things, I think I'll watch this movie. And for my first paragraph to make more sense, check out this clip.


No comments:

Post a Comment