Monday, October 24, 2011

Highway to the Danger Zone

I am so excited. Today Josh got selected to serve as a pilot in the US Navy. He's wanted this for a long time and I am so proud of him that he was able to get what he wanted. He won't get his orders for flight school until the spring, but at least he knows he has one of those few spots that thousands of midshipmen across the country compete for every year. This is a huge accomplishment and a step towards the career he's always dreamed about. I am so proud of him and excited to walk alongside him on this journey.

If you're not familiar with what flying in the Navy looks like, check out this video...


Okay, maybe this is the opening scene from the movie Top Gun, but you get the idea.
Pretty cool nonetheless.

With this attitude, I think he'll make a pretty good pilot and officer in the Navy. ;)

I love you Joshua. Congrats :D

No comments:

Post a Comment