Saturday, July 23, 2011

To A Woman Who Has Changed and Inspired Me

"I love inspiring people, and if I can make a difference in one person's life, 
then that's success to me!"
-Sasha Azevedo

A speaker that I heard recently encouraged me to think of moments of significant change and growth in my life, and as I was doing this, I realized that they all had one thing (or person) in common. Most all of them involved my friend Julie. So, in her honor, this is my...

Top Ten Reasons I Have Been Changed and Inspired By Julie

11. She let me borrow her car for three weeks when mine was in the shop

10.  She is a modern-day pioneer, always searching to "go where no man has gone before"

9. She loves accepts me unconditionally, even though I love Star Trek

8. She always (without fail) laughs at all of my stupid jokes and validates my bizarre humor

7. She was the first one to share the Gospel with me

6. She has always accepted the sinful realities of my past with truth and grace

5. She faithfully poured into me for three years, even though she probably knew I wasn't a Christian yet

4. She is a humble leader; She has always been honest about her struggles and short-comings

3. She has challenged me to do the unthinkable (and so far, I have ended up doing everything she challenged me to do)

2. She no longer sees me as just that girl she discipled a few years ago, but she has continued to love me as a friend and peer

And the #1 reason I have been changed and inspired by Julie is...

1. Seeing Julie live life and do ministry inspires me to want to live with a more passionate faith and serve the Lord for a lifetime.

Thanks for all you do Julie! I love you :)
*I know that's 11 reasons, but there was just so much, I couldn't stop at 10!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet, girl. Thank you. I love you and I'm so THANKFUL to God for putting you in my life!! :)

    ReplyDelete